YONKERS, N.Y. – Here are some of the top events in Yonkers this weekend. For more things to do in and around the city, see our expanded events calendar.
Saturday, Jan. 19
Storytime: 9:30 a.m. Storytellers from Roosevelt High School will entertain children with puppet shows, dancing, storytelling, singing, interactive music and more. Yonkers Riverfront Library, 1 Larkin Center.
Meet local Author Gary Chattman, 'Mr. Bar Mitzvah': 2 p.m. Local author Gary Chattman, also known as "Mr. Bar Mitzvah," will be signing and discussing his book “If I Should Die Before I Wake.” Barnes & Noble, 2614 Central Park Ave.
Monday, Jan. 21
Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. The Nepperhan Community Center holds its 27th annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast. Rev. Dr. Marvin E. Wiley of Rock of Ages Baptist Church will be the event’s keynote speaker and Perstine Wesley of Harry’s Shoe Store and the Yonkers NAACP will be honored for their community service.
All are invited to attend. Tickets are $35 for adults and $15 for children in advance, and $40 at the door. For more information and reservations contact Teresa Holloman at 914-965-0203.
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Yonkers Bank
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 National Weather Service: Yonkers' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 5 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester