YONKERS, N.Y. – Here are some of the top events in the city this weekend. For more events in and around Yonkers, see our expanded events calendar.
Tuesday, Dec. 4
Make a Bird Feeder: 4 p.m. Learn all about birds and how to make a bird feeder at this free workshop. You are requested to bring a milk or orange juice carton of any size. Registration required. Call 914-337-1500 x 306 to register. Will Branch, Yonkers Public Library, 1500 Central Park Ave.
Wednesday, Dec. 5
Tree Lightings: 7 p.m. The holiday spirit is spreading throughout the city. On Wednesday, two neighborhoods will light up their holiday trees. The Rumsey Road tree will be lit on the corner of Rumsey Road and Spring Street at 7 p.m., the same time the Crestwood Association lights their holiday tree at the Crestwood Metro-North Station.
Thursday, Dec. 6
Playwriting Workshop: 10 a.m. Join fellow aspiring playwrights in this Thursday workshop on how to write a short play. Listen and as actor, educator and playwright Frank Ingrasciotta takes you through the steps. No prior writing experience is necessary. Yonkers Riverfront Library, 1 Larkin Center.
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Yonkers Gas Station Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 3 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show