YONKERS, N.Y. – Here are some of the top events in Yonkers this week. For more events in and around the city, see our expanded events calendar.
Monday, Feb. 11
True Light Revealed: A Free Film Series for Black History Month: 4:30 p.m. The Yonkers’ Public Library’s free film series for Black History Month continues. A series of powerful films will be shown throughout the month that tell the stories and experiences of blacks after slavery. On Monday, “Black Wall Street” will be screened. The movie tells the story of the destruction of Greenwood, a prosperous African-American community in Tulsa, Oklahoma that was burned to the ground in 1921. Auditorium, Yonkers Riverfront Library, 1 Larkin Center.
Thursday, Feb. 14
Valentine’s Day Craft: 3:30 p.m. The Yonkers Public Library invites children and families to come and make Valentine's Day cards. Riverfront Branch, Yonkers Public Library, 1 Larkin Center.
Blondes Have More Fun: A Rod Stewart Tribute Band: 8 p.m. Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Empire City Casino with dinner and a show by Rick Larrimore and “Blondes Have More Fun,” a Rod Stewart tribute band. Shows start at 8 and 10 p.m. Empire City Casino, 811 Yonkers Ave.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 3 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 4 Greenburgh Officer Relieved Of Duty For Posting Racist Photo On Facebook
- 5 Court's Injunction Stops HUD From Giving Away Grants For Westchester