YONKERS, N.Y. – Here are some of the top events in Yonkers this week. For more events in and around the city, see our expanded events calendar.
Monday, Feb. 11
True Light Revealed: A Free Film Series for Black History Month: 4:30 p.m. The Yonkers’ Public Library’s free film series for Black History Month continues. A series of powerful films will be shown throughout the month that tell the stories and experiences of blacks after slavery. On Monday, “Black Wall Street” will be screened. The movie tells the story of the destruction of Greenwood, a prosperous African-American community in Tulsa, Oklahoma that was burned to the ground in 1921. Auditorium, Yonkers Riverfront Library, 1 Larkin Center.
Thursday, Feb. 14
Valentine’s Day Craft: 3:30 p.m. The Yonkers Public Library invites children and families to come and make Valentine's Day cards. Riverfront Branch, Yonkers Public Library, 1 Larkin Center.
Blondes Have More Fun: A Rod Stewart Tribute Band: 8 p.m. Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Empire City Casino with dinner and a show by Rick Larrimore and “Blondes Have More Fun,” a Rod Stewart tribute band. Shows start at 8 and 10 p.m. Empire City Casino, 811 Yonkers Ave.
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Yonkers Bank
- 2 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 3 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Walmart Fined For Overcharging New Yorkers For Coke
- 5 Yonkers Begins Process Of Daylighting Saw Mill River