YONKERS, N.Y. – Here are some of the top events in Yonkers this weekend. For more events in and around the city, see our expanded events calendar.
Saturday, Jan. 26
Invasive Vine Cutting: 10 a.m. Join volunteers as they work to remove invasive vine-wrapped trees and shrubs along the Saw Mill River. The vines crowd out native plants and slowly strangle trees and can lead to their death. The Saw Mill River Coalition and the Department of Transportation instituted this vine removal pilot project in hopes of rescuing the native vegetation. South County Trailway Parking Lot, Farragut Avenue and Saw Mill River Road.
ArtSpeak: 2 p.m. The Blue Door Gallery will honor Martin Luther King Jr. with a special ArtSpeak session. Poet-In Residence Golda Solomon will perform work entitled “Speaking to Justice.” Cost is $20 for members and $25 for non-members. Blue Door Gallery, 13 Riverdale Ave.
Sunday, Jan. 27
Explore Ice Worlds: 1 p.m. The Hudson River’s Museum creative project series continues with Explore Ice Worlds. Children and families are invited to come and see what “icebows” and halos in Earth’s sky look like. Also, find out how they might look different in a world without water. Project is also running on Saturday, Jan. 26, at 1 p.m. Troster Hall of Science, Hudson River Museum, 511 Warburton Ave.
- 1 Patient Being Tested For Ebola, Malaria At St. Joseph's In Yonkers
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Former Yonkers Narcotics Officer Sentenced In Perjury Case