YONKERS, N.Y. -- The Isadora Duncan Dance Company is coming to Yonkers' Untermyer Park – one of the group's favorite venues for more than 70 years.
As part of Untermyer Performing Arts Council’s (UPAC) WorldFest 2014, Lori Belilove and The Isadora Duncan Dance Company will be performing "Viva Isadora," on Saturday, Aug. 23.
Lori Belilove and her company continue the legacy of Duncan, who has been dubbed as, ‘the mother of modern dance.”
The company has danced at Untermyer Park since the 1930s, according to UPAC.
The concert will begin at 7:30 pm, and will be held rain or shine. Admission is free.
In case of rain, call 914-375-3435 after 2 p.m. for rain site and directions. Attendees are encouraged to bring a blanket or lawn chair.
Untermyer Park is at 945 N. Broadway. Limited onsite parking is available, along with metered street parking.
- 1 Woman Charged In Fatal Yonkers Hit-And-Run
- 2 Teenage Girl Accidentally Shot While Playing With Gun, Yonkers Police Says
- 3 Two Yonkers Police Officers Plead Guilty To Perjury, Misconduct
- 4 Yonkers Fatal Hit-And-Run May Have Been Intentional, Police Say
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed