YONKERS, N.Y. -- The Isadora Duncan Dance Company is coming to Yonkers' Untermyer Park – one of the group's favorite venues for more than 70 years.
As part of Untermyer Performing Arts Council’s (UPAC) WorldFest 2014, Lori Belilove and The Isadora Duncan Dance Company will be performing "Viva Isadora," on Saturday, Aug. 23.
Lori Belilove and her company continue the legacy of Duncan, who has been dubbed as, ‘the mother of modern dance.”
The company has danced at Untermyer Park since the 1930s, according to UPAC.
The concert will begin at 7:30 pm, and will be held rain or shine. Admission is free.
In case of rain, call 914-375-3435 after 2 p.m. for rain site and directions. Attendees are encouraged to bring a blanket or lawn chair.
Untermyer Park is at 945 N. Broadway. Limited onsite parking is available, along with metered street parking.
- 1 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 2 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Yonkers Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer
- 5 Two Rescued From Yonkers Apartment Building Fire