YONKERS, N.Y. -- State Assembly member Shelley Mayer and state Sen. George Latimer will jointly hold a public forum at the Mt. Olympos Diner in Yonkers on Saturday, June 14, from 9:30-11 a.m.
Residents are invited to attend and ask questions or voice concerns about their community.
"Public events like these are the best tool that we, as public officials, have to gather information about what specific concerns people have," Latimer said in a statement. "When we hear from the people in forums like this, we can then advocate intelligently and effectively, knowing that we are carrying out the people's agenda that we heard firsthand. I've been conducting these events regularly, in different sections of my district and on other specific state related issues, in concert with my legislative colleagues for over a decade, and I look forward to continuing these efforts."
No appointments are necessary for the event.
Mt. Olympos Diner is at 1 Fort Hill Ave..
- 1 Ten Yonkers Eateries To Participate In Hudson Valley Restaurant Week
- 2 Target, With Yonkers Location, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs
- 3 Yonkers Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 4 Landscaper Pulls Down Record $571K Jackpot At Yonkers' Empire City Casino
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Yonkers