YONKERS, N.Y. -- State Assembly member Shelley Mayer and state Sen. George Latimer will jointly hold a public forum at the Mt. Olympos Diner in Yonkers on Saturday, June 14, from 9:30-11 a.m.
Residents are invited to attend and ask questions or voice concerns about their community.
"Public events like these are the best tool that we, as public officials, have to gather information about what specific concerns people have," Latimer said in a statement. "When we hear from the people in forums like this, we can then advocate intelligently and effectively, knowing that we are carrying out the people's agenda that we heard firsthand. I've been conducting these events regularly, in different sections of my district and on other specific state related issues, in concert with my legislative colleagues for over a decade, and I look forward to continuing these efforts."
No appointments are necessary for the event.
Mt. Olympos Diner is at 1 Fort Hill Ave..
- 1 Yonkers Man Killed In Accident At Hotel Construction Site In NYC
- 2 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester