YONKERS, N.Y. -- Author David Carlyon will discuss a little-known connection between Yonkers actor Edwin Forrest and the Gettysburg Address at the Yonkers Historical Society's American History Awards on Sunday, June 8, at 1 p.m.
Carlyon, Ph.D. and author of the book "Dan Rice: The Most Famous Man You’ve Never Heard Of," will discuss how Abraham Lincoln's most famous speech echoed words spoken by the famous Yonkers actor.
Though there is no definitive connection, Carlyon will discuss why this has never been addressed as well as make a connection between Lincoln as a politician and a performer.
The awards ceremony will be held at the historic Sherwood House, 340 Tuckahoe Road.
The program is free and open to the public.
- 1 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidental Shooting
- 2 Patient Being Tested For Ebola, Malaria At St. Joseph's In Yonkers
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three