YONKERS, N.Y. -- Author David Carlyon will discuss a little-known connection between Yonkers actor Edwin Forrest and the Gettysburg Address at the Yonkers Historical Society's American History Awards on Sunday, June 8, at 1 p.m.
Carlyon, Ph.D. and author of the book "Dan Rice: The Most Famous Man You’ve Never Heard Of," will discuss how Abraham Lincoln's most famous speech echoed words spoken by the famous Yonkers actor.
Though there is no definitive connection, Carlyon will discuss why this has never been addressed as well as make a connection between Lincoln as a politician and a performer.
The awards ceremony will be held at the historic Sherwood House, 340 Tuckahoe Road.
The program is free and open to the public.
- 1 Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Two 22-Year-Olds In Yonkers, Authorities Say
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Yonkers
- 4 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show