Update: 11 a.m. Friday Nov. 16: This event has been cancelled.
YONKERS, N.Y. -- Marty Tankleff, who was wrongfully convicted of the murder of his parents when he was a senior in high school and spent 17 years in prison, will be at Sarah Lawrence College in Yonkers on Friday to speak about his ordeal.
Tankleff is currently a law student, and will speak about why the legal system and the media failed him, and what changes need to be made.
The Journalism Pre-Professional Group and the Exoneration Project at Sarah Lawrence College present the event.
The talk is scheduled for 4 p.m at Sarah Lawrence College's Donnelley Auditorium, Heimbold Visual Arts Center.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime