WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Watch a dance show, walk among the butterflies, raise money for veterans and more in Westchester County this weekend.
1. Yonkers' Untermyer Performing Arts Council Presents Danza!: A Celebration of Latin Choreographers with Connecticut Ballet on Saturday, Aug. 2 at 7:30 p.m.
As part of its "Worldfest 2014" series, the Untermyer Performing Arts Council will present a performance of the Connecticut Ballet, who will showcase choreography by Rodney Rivera of Puerto Rico, Daniel Fetecua Soto of Colombia, Marcos Vedoveto from Brazil and Alberto Alonso of Cuba's "Carmen Suite." Attendees are encouraged to bring a blanket or lawn chair. The performance will be held rain or shine. In case of rain, call (914) 375-3435 after 2 p.m. for rain site and directions. Free. 945 N. Broadway.
2. Tarrytown's Sprint For Soldiers 5K and 10K on Sunday, Aug. 3. from 8 a.m. to noon.
Runners will be hitting the pavement to raise money to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. This is a competitive, yet fun and friendly event. The timed race allows participants to run, jog or walk a scenic route with family and friends along the grounds of Lyndhurst Mansion. The races will be followed by an awards ceremony for top runners, and there will be a trade show of local businesses, music and food. Registration from on July 31 is $35-40. Registration from Aug. 1 to 3 is $40-45. 635 S Broadway.
3. Bold, Beautiful and Breathtaking Butterflies at the Greenburgh Nature Center on Saturday, Aug. 2 at 2 p.m.
From chrysalis to butterfly, come learn all about butterflies and what makes them fascinating and important to our world. Join a naturalist for a visit amid the live butterflies in our flight house, and a tour through the life of a butterfly. Stay and make your own beautiful butterfly craft! Recommended for children 8 and younger. Members admission is $5, non-members admission is $8. 99 Dromore Road.
4. The Robert Hill Band at Dobbs Ferry's Cedar Street Grill on Saturday, Aug. 2 at 9:30 p.m.
A recent inductee into the New York Blues Hall of Fame, guitarist Robert Hill teams up with singer Joanne Lediger, for a night of blues, Americana and roots music. No cover. 23 Cedar Street.
5. Get your farmers market fix:
Somers' Muscoot Farm Farmers' Market on Sunday, Aug. 3 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Enjoy fresh produce, meats and more from 25 vendors every Sunday. Muscoot Farm is located one and half miles south of the intersection between Route 35 and Route 100 on Route 100.
New Rochelle Grand Market on Saturday, Aug. 2 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Featuring oodles of vendors offering produce, prepared and specialty foods, meats, pickles, bread, fish, cheese, pickles, baked goods, wines and beers, this is a market you won't want to miss. 1 Library Plaza.
Bronxville's Farmers' Market on Saturday, Aug. 2 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
At Bronxville's farmers' market, sample all the goods the Hudson Valley has to offer. The market occurs rain or shine at Stone Place on Paxton Avenue.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be heading and why in the comments below. Want to see your event here?
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 2 X-Planations: Yonkers' Chef Peter X. Kelly Shares His Pizza Picks
- 3 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yonkers Yard
- 4 10 Hospitalized After Yonkers Accident Involving Fire Engine, Shuttle Bus
- 5 Yonkers Police Department Uses Facebook To ID Non-Verbal Woman