YONKERS, N.Y. -- Chicken Island, an isolated and polluted parking lot in Yonkers, is on the market to be transformed into a civic center of offices, retail stores, restaurants and could include new residences according to a report by the Westchester County Business Journal.
A request was issued for proposals from developer teams interested in redeveloping the property, the report said. The private re-developer would have to acquire a land disposition agreement to receive 19 city-owned parcels and may also receive private parcels needed for the project, according to the report.
To read the full report, click here.
- 1 Woman Charged In Fatal Yonkers Hit-And-Run
- 2 Teenage Girl Accidentally Shot While Playing With Gun, Yonkers Police Says
- 3 Two Yonkers Police Officers Plead Guilty To Perjury, Misconduct
- 4 Yonkers Fatal Hit-And-Run May Have Been Intentional, Police Say
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed