YONKERS, N.Y. -- Chicken Island, an isolated and polluted parking lot in Yonkers, is on the market to be transformed into a civic center of offices, retail stores, restaurants and could include new residences according to a report by the Westchester County Business Journal.
A request was issued for proposals from developer teams interested in redeveloping the property, the report said. The private re-developer would have to acquire a land disposition agreement to receive 19 city-owned parcels and may also receive private parcels needed for the project, according to the report.
To read the full report, click here.
- 1 Patient Being Tested For Ebola, Malaria At St. Joseph's In Yonkers
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Former Yonkers Narcotics Officer Sentenced In Perjury Case
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says