YONKERS, N.Y. -- Chicken Island, an isolated and polluted parking lot in Yonkers, is on the market to be transformed into a civic center of offices, retail stores, restaurants and could include new residences according to a report by the Westchester County Business Journal.
A request was issued for proposals from developer teams interested in redeveloping the property, the report said. The private re-developer would have to acquire a land disposition agreement to receive 19 city-owned parcels and may also receive private parcels needed for the project, according to the report.
To read the full report, click here.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway