YONKERS, N.Y. -- Chicken Island, an isolated and polluted parking lot in Yonkers, is on the market to be transformed into a civic center of offices, retail stores, restaurants and could include new residences according to a report by the Westchester County Business Journal.
A request was issued for proposals from developer teams interested in redeveloping the property, the report said. The private re-developer would have to acquire a land disposition agreement to receive 19 city-owned parcels and may also receive private parcels needed for the project, according to the report.
To read the full report, click here.
- 1 Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Two 22-Year-Olds In Yonkers, Authorities Say
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Yonkers
- 4 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 5 Trader Joe's Recalls Walnuts Because Of Possible Health Risk