YONKERS, N.Y. -- Chicken Island, an isolated and polluted parking lot in Yonkers, is on the market to be transformed into a civic center of offices, retail stores, restaurants and could include new residences according to a report by the Westchester County Business Journal.
A request was issued for proposals from developer teams interested in redeveloping the property, the report said. The private re-developer would have to acquire a land disposition agreement to receive 19 city-owned parcels and may also receive private parcels needed for the project, according to the report.
To read the full report, click here.
- 1 Serious Crash Reported On Saw Mill Parkway In Yonkers
- 2 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 3 Yonkers Eateries Offer A Variety Of Specials For Super Bowl Sunday
- 4 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yonkers; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 5 Police Search For Person Who May Have Jumped Into Hudson River