WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- CNBC has released a survey that ranks New York as the 40th best state for doing business in the United States, putting it among the worst business-friendly states in the nation.
CNBC said that this was not an opinion survey and that each state was ranked based on a set of 56 measures of competitiveness. Those 56 measures were then broken into 10 broad categories, which were weighted.
The Empire State struggled mightily in a number of categories, including coming in dead last in cost of doing business and cost of living, according to CNBC.
Neighboring Connecticut and New Jersey fared worse, however, ranking 46th and 43rd, respectively.
The top state in the survey was Georgia.
- 1 Serious Crash Reported On Saw Mill Parkway In Yonkers
- 2 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 3 Yonkers Eateries Offer A Variety Of Specials For Super Bowl Sunday
- 4 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yonkers; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 5 Police Search For Person Who May Have Jumped Into Hudson River