YONKERS, N.Y. – Legoland is scouring the web in hopes of finding the tri-state’s most creative young people.
Legoland Discovery Center Westchester launched an online contest Monday to find mini model builders for its Junior Construction Panel, a 12-member team made up of children between age 6-12. The lucky Lego enthusiasts will get an annual pass to the discovery center and serve as ambassadors for Legoland.
They also will work along Master Model Builder Michael Tocidlowski and have a say on what goes inside the $12 million Ridge Hill center when it opens in March.
“We are excited to find imaginative and passionate youngsters to be part of our Junior Construction Panel,” said Chris Mines, general manager of Legoland Discovery Center Westchester. “Children are ideal consultants for providing feedback in shaping the experience their friends will enjoy at Legoland Discovery Center Westchester. The panel gives kids the opportunity to work with Mike, express their creativity and input and give their seal of approval on the attraction.”
The competition closes Jan. 28 and the Junior Construction Panel will be chosen and announced by Legoland Discovery Center Westchester’s panel of experts by Feb. 11.
Legoland executives say entrants will be judged on creativity, enthusiasm for Legos and their Lego models.
How to apply for a spot on the Junior Construction Panel:
- With the help of a parent, guardian or teacher, mini model builders will create a brief news report video, no longer than 90 seconds, about why they are the area’s biggest Lego fan or about a Lego model they’ve built.
- All videos should start with the line, “My name is (INSERT NAME) and I am a Legoland Discovery Center Mini model builder and I want to be on the Junior Construction Panel because…”
- The video should be uploaded to YouTube and the mini model builder’s information, including the name, city and state of the mini model builder’s school; the parent, guardian or teacher’s email address; and the YouTube URL of the video, should be filled out on the form on Legoland Discovery Center Westchester’s Facebook page.
Applicants also can send their entry by email to WestchesterJCP@legolanddiscoverycenter.com and LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester will upload the video to YouTube.
For full details, visit the Legoland Discovery Center Westchester's Facebook page.
- 1 Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Two 22-Year-Olds In Yonkers, Authorities Say
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Yonkers
- 4 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show